***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 271 - Weekly Newsletter

Hello Everybody!

Wow, January is already half over! I hope you are all either staying active and leading healthy lifestyles, or at least planning to get started real soon. Remember that your body is the only one you have, so eating healthy and exercising should be just as much of a full-time job as, well, going to your full-time job!

I want to talk to you all quick about goals. Most importantly, setting them. If you haven't already, start setting your sights on a goal(s) you wish to accomplish in 2013. Ideally, goals should not just come at the start of a new year, but realistically, most people find that the start of a new calendar year is a great time for a fresh start.

The problem with the goals of most individuals is that they lack any real meaning or purpose. The more specific you are, especially with time frame, the more likely you are to take the necessary steps to put accomplish said goals.

For example, one of the most common 'goals' people have at the start of the year is, "I want to lose weight." Great. Fine. But when you think about that, what does it really mean? Do you want to lose 1 pound? 2 pounds? 100 pounds? When do you wish to accomplish this by, tomorrow morning? Next year?

Pick something in your life right now that you either wish to accomplish, or remove from your life and act on it now!

A better goal would be, "I want to lose 20 pounds before June!" Awesome! At least this gives you a focus and a better idea of how to structure your plan of attack. Ok, so you have 21 weeks until June. That is a 1 pound per week. Now you can focus on how much exercise and how many calories it takes to cut from your diet in order to reach that goal.

For myself, I have a few goals already penciled in for this year. First, my wife and I are competing in Tough Mudder in May again. Once I finish up with Body Beast, I will get back to functional training and getting ready for the event. After that, I wish to compete in the World's Toughest Mudder again in November, so, my training schedule will start to take shape once May is over.

If you are looking for inspiration, think of an event that you wish to complete your goal by. What's nice about events, such as Tough Mudder, is that I have paid my admission already. The date and time of the event is set. Now, I have to train for it, or else I have just pissed my money away. Find something that interests you and go and do it.

Enough rambling, here are my blogs and videos from the past week. Everyone have a great week. Please remember that my job (and goal) is to help all of you, but I can only show you the door, you must walk through it. Talk to you all soon,

Body Beast Days 17-21
Motivation Saturday: Pumping Iron
Body Beast Day 22 Bulk Chest
Body Beast Day 23 Bulk Legs
Body Beast Day 24 Bulk Back
Body Beast Day 25 Bulk Arms

Quote of the day:
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
~Thomas Edison

Check out my new Website: tylerrobbinsfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment