***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 255 - World's Toughest Mudder Recruitment


World's Toughest Mudder 2012 is an easy choice for one of my proudest moments of 2012. I trained all year long, first for Tough Mudder Toronto back in August, and then for the World's Toughest Mudder in November.

Although I am proud of my performance at World's Toughest Mudder, I can't help but feel as though I want to go back and compete again, to do even better than last year. Since I have never competed in an event like this before, I definitely learned a thing or two, which should allow me to prepare for 2013's event!

The goal of this blog is to not only announce my *very early* plans to compete in the 2013 World's Toughest Mudder, but I also want to throw out the word to all of readers and friends online, to see if anyone is willing to come along for this life-changing journey with me, and compete alongside one another in true Mudder spirit!

So, the question you have to ask yourself is, do you want to make 2013 your most memorable year yet? Here is how you get started:

Here is the eligibility requirements from this year's event:

WTM 2012 Eligibility

Before you consider entering World’s Toughest Mudder, you must understand that only those in extreme PHYSICAL and MENTAL condition should even think about this. Not only will you need to be mentally prepared for what you’re signing up for, but you also must earn an entry code by qualifying in one of the ways outlined below.
  1. 2012 Tough Mudder Participants – Complete a 2012 Tough Mudder course (or Florida 2011) in the top 5% of participants on that day. You can report your course time in the first week after the event you run to see if you qualify. Of course, this is self-timed since normal Tough Mudder events are not races, but real Mudders know that lying about something like this is lame.
  2. Wildcard Applicants – Submit a wildcard application to enter on this form. Wildcard applicants are chosen and given an entry code to compete based on eligibility and space available. Tough Mudder reserves the right to only release entry codes to wildcard entrants that we believe have earned it.
  3. 2011 WTM Participants – Anyone badass enough to have participated in WTM 2011 will be given an entry code and treated with utmost respect for returning in 2012.
Probably the easiest (or hardest) way to qualify is to sign up for a regular Tough Mudder event, train for it, succeed at it, and enter your time following the event. Hopefully you will then be a part of the top 5%. I am also here to help you train and be prepared to finish in that top 5%.

Once you have qualified for the 2013 World's Toughest Mudder, let me know, and we can work together to train and prepare for this year's event.

Ideally, I would like to have a team of 4 participants (male or female). 4 is the minimum number of participants to be considered a "team", but more than that may become cumbersome. I may allow 5 or 6 teammates, but 4 is ideal.

Please be forewarned, the World's Toughest Mudder is not for the faint of heart. It requires some serious dedication and determination to succeed and survive.

"World’s Toughest Mudder is the culminating event of the 2012 Tough Mudder Event calendar and takes the concept of being a Tough Mudder to a whole new level. This extreme competition puts the world’s most hardcore Mudders℠ through a grueling 24-hour challenge designed to find the toughest man, woman, and 4-person team on the planet. When the mud settles on November 18th, a select few winners will have bested 500,000 other Mudders worldwide for the right to call themselves the World’s Toughest Mudders!"

So, if you are interested, e-mail me as soon as possible to let me know you are interested, tell me what 2013 Tough Mudder event you are planning on competing in, and what your early plans are to achieve your goal of qualifying for the World's Toughest Mudder. We will then work together from there!

2013 is the year...

Quote of the day:
"There is no royal, flower-strewn path to success. And if there is, I have not found it. For if I have accomplished anything in life, it is because I have been willing to work hard."
~ C.J. Walker

Check out my new Website: tylerrobbinsfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment