***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 20 - "You're Gonna Have a Bad Time!"


I came across an interesting story today. The news story is actually from April 26th, and I follow health-related news as close as I can, but I somehow managed to miss this one.


Let's discuss both sides of this argument. First of all, I think that it is unfair for companies to use marketing to try and 'trick' or convince consumers into thinking that their product is something that it isn't. In this case, Nutella claims that their chocolatey spread is "healthy".



Having said that, let's face the facts here people, if you just wander through life listening to everything someone else tells you, you are going to get yourself into trouble (refer to photo above).

Every person has a responsibility to investigate and research the foods that they put in their mouths. If you have children, well guess what, the foods they eat are your responsibility too!

That is the most amazing thing (in my opinion) about structuring a diet around (whole) fruits and vegetables. Can you guess how many ingredients are in an apple?

Politicians can be corrupt, and companies are out to make a profit, so don't think for a second that everyone that wishes for you to purchase their product is looking out for your better interest. Instead, take an interest in your better interest!

Quote of the day:
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
~Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment