***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 10 - Make it Part of Your Daily Routine

 
"I don't have enough time!" 

Trust me, I understand. Today's society moves at a faster pace than ever before. Some people have kids, others work 3 jobs. Some people have 14-hour work days. 

The problem I have with these scenarios is when I hear people say, "I just don't have time to work out/eat healthy/cook for myself/etc." followed by, "Hey, did you catch American Idol last night?"

Let me make one thing clear. Just as going to work or school to pay the bills or get an education, exercise should be part of your daily routine. If you have time to sit down and watch tv, you definitely have time to exercise!

If you are one of those people that really do have busy lives, don't watch any tv because of your long days. Fine, but you can still do your best to squeeze in 20 mins of exercise a day which is the daily recommended exercise that can improve your mind and body immensely.

Try this. I am definitely an advocate for morning exercise, so try getting up even a half an hour earlier than what you are used to, do 20 minutes of exercise, and then you have the rest of your day ahead of you. As you become more accustomed to getting up earlier, you can start getting up earlier and earlier and lengthening the time of your workouts.

Quote of the day:
"The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work."
-Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment