***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 12 - Exercise Myth


 I exercise all the time, I can eat whatever I want! MYTH.

Some individuals feel as though they can "splurge" and let their diets slip because they were "good" and went to the gym that morning.

The problem most people seem to run into, is that they drastically overestimate how many calories they burn during a workout. Just to give you a very basic example, a 170 pound man that walks for 30mins burns an additional 140 calories (approximately), that's like half a juice-box!

I always try and tell people that if they wish to lose weight, they need to have a well-balanced diet and exercise, but cutting 500 calories out of your diet daily is much easier than burning 500 calories at the gym.

The ideal situation for any individual is to have a solid combination of daily exercise, along with a healthy diet to maintain a healthy weight. Both of these components provide their own benefits.

Quote of the day:
"The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity."
~Ayn Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment