***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 324 - Tough Mudder Training 2013

Yes, it is true, I am running Tough Mudder Toronto again this year. Since I competed in the World's Toughest Mudder 2012, I automatically qualify for the 2013 event. Because of this, I am using this event as less of a 'qualifier', and more of a 'prep' or 'tune-up' race. Plus, I am running the event with my wife, Nicole, who is a Tough Mudder newbie, so I will be helping her with some of the obstacles along the way. I hope I don't slow her down too much, as she is a fantastic runner!

My training for this year's event is scheduled to begin on Monday March 11th. That gives me 7 weeks of training, followed by a lighter week prior to the May 11th race date. I have changed my training strategy this time around, to go for less runs, but longer runs, working on my aerobic metabolism.

I am coming off Body Beast, so I have been resistance training for the past 3 months. My strength and endurance levels are actually quite high, so I should be able to make a relatively efficient transition to perform better and increase stamina.

One of my primary objectives during my training, as it was last year, is to improve my core strength/stability while also increasing my upper body strength/endurance. There are a lot of obstacles requiring upper body strength in Tough Mudder, so I want to be ready for them. Let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns. If so, you can e-mail me here.

Weeks 1-3 (Strength/Preparation Phase)

P90X2 Chest, Back & Balance and additional core work
P90X2 Plyocide
P90X MC2 1on1: Shoulders & Arms MC2
Yoga & Core
P90X2 Base & Back
Off/Recovery
Run

Weeks 4-8 (Performance Phase)

Asylum Speed & Agility
Asylum Strength
Yoga & Core
P90X2 P.A.P. Lower
P90X2 P.A.P. Upper
Off/Recovery
Run

Yoga and core days will be used as I see fit. I have a plethora of both yoga and core workouts to use, so I will be subbing in what I see fit.

Quote of the day:
"Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."
~Dennis Waitley

Check out my new Website: tylerrobbinsfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment