***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 218 - 28 Years Old!

Well, today I turn 28 years old. All I can say is, wow, what a year my 28th year has been! My wife and I were thinking back on this past year and how busy it has been, so I figured I would do a quick synopsis of how much has happened, as well as how much I have accomplished in the past year.

November 2011

Last year, I decided to celebrate my birthday with my first ever Birthday Challenge. At that time, I figured it would be too cold to do anything outside, so I made a series of challenges for myself in the house. (Little did I know that a year later I would be competing in the World's Toughest Mudder!)


December 2011

My first-born son Evan arrived more than 3 weeks early on December 6th 2011. To say that our lives have changed since he has arrived would be the understatement of the century. I love the little guy more than anything else! He sure likes to keep things interesting, especially now that he is mobile. What an energetic little boy! I hope him and I can compete in some fitness challenges of our own as he grows.

December also saw me start P90X2. It arrived a few weeks before Christmas so I got started down that road on December 11th, less than a week after the birth of Evan.


January 2012

Still working away on P90X2, I received a video shout-out from Tony himself. I know, I know, it isn't really an accomplishment on my part, but I won this shout out by entering a P90X2 Facebook contest and think it's pretty cool regardless.


February 2012

I finished up with P90X2 in February. At this point, I wasn't necessarily looking for huge visual changes, but instead I wanted to see some physical improvements. After completing P90X2, I definitely had some compliments on how fast I had become on the ice playing hockey, so I would say the program worked!


After completing P90X2, I jumped right into my own Mass Phase at the end of February.

March 2012

My mass phase was progressing nicely. I was eating a ton and moving lots of weight. I also started to look ahead to the summer and what physical competitions I wanted to compete in, so I started designing my Warrior Dash Training.

April 2012

I added Tough Mudder to the list of things I wanted to do in 2012, so that meant that I had to alter my Warrior Training.

I also finished up with my Mass Phase with some pretty decent results.


April also saw the beginning of my pledge to blog every day for 365 days. I am still going by the way!

May 2012

My Warrior Training was fully under way at this point, progressing nicely. It felt good to get back to overall fitness and performance since coming off my Mass Phase.


June 2012

Still plugging away at my Warrior Training...


July 2012

I finished up with my Warrior Training, and then competed in my 2nd Warrior Dash.



August 2012

With a quick turnaround, it was time to bridge my training from Warrior Dash to Tough Mudder.


And then of course compete in my first-ever Tough Mudder...what a blast!


September 2012

A few weeks after finishing Tough Mudder Toronto, I found out that I qualified for the World's Toughest Mudder 2012! With support from my family, I decided to take the plunge and start preparing for it.


October 2012

October saw the official launch (or pre-launch) of the Beachbody Coaching opportunity in Canada. I signed up as soon as I possibly could and have been building my team ever since. In the (less than) 2 months I have been a Coach, I have been loving the opportunity. This shouldn't come as a surprise since I have been waiting for this opportunity for years!

From a training standpoint, the month of October was all about World's Toughest Mudder training and preparing for the big day.



November 2012

Then, of course, November brought the big day. I had a blast at the World's Toughest Mudder, but it certainly wouldn't have happened without the help of my wife, my family, other folks in my hometown, and my sponsor Kreator equipment so a special thanks goes out to all of you!


So what does the future hold? To be honest, I really had no intentions of having such a busy year, especially after the birth of my son, but some things just evolve the way they do.

My short-term goals include starting Beachbody's Body Beast on Saturday December 15th, just 2 days after moving into our new house. I am also registered and set to run Tough Mudder Toronto again in May, this time with my wife, so I will be looking forward to, and training for that. My 28th year has been amazing, here's to hoping for a happy, healthy, and active 29th year!

Quote of the day:
"Obstacles don't keep a champion down; they make them fight harder!"
~ Unknown


Check out my new Website: tylerrobbinsfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment