***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day 131 - World's Toughest Mudder



I got an e-mail yesterday from Tough Mudder. My 2 hour, 15 min time at the Toronto event placed me in the top 5%. That means I am invited to the "World's Toughest Mudder". If any of you have looked into this, you know that it is one crazy-ass event!

If you haven't seen, Tough Mudder invites all if their top 5% competitors to the World's Toughest Mudder which is an 8-10 mile course, with tougher obstacles, and you are to complete as many laps as you can in 24 hours. Oh yeah, and its in New Jersey...in November, when it is cold as hell!

World’s Toughest Mudder is the culminating event of the 2012 Tough Mudder Event calendar and takes the concept of being a Tough Mudder to a whole new level. This extreme competition puts the world’s most hardcore Mudders through a grueling 24-hour challenge designed to find the toughest man, woman, and 4-person team on the planet. When the mud settles on November 18th, a select few winners will have bested 500,000 other Mudders worldwide for the right to call themselves the World’s Toughest Mudders!
I was honestly thinking about doing it, but a number of things would have to fall into place to make it happen, so it looks like I will have to pass for this year. It would take quite a monetary investment on my part to fly down to New Jersey, stay the weekend, buy lots of gear (wetsuit, gloves, shoes, etc.) Anyways, I figured it would be fun to go and just experience the event, maybe do 2 or 3 laps and then call it quits, but I will have to pass, unfortunately.


Quote of the day:
"In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time."
~ Anthony J. D'Angelo


No comments:

Post a Comment