***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 48 - Insanity Asylum Preparation


I am a week away from starting Insanity Asylum; any suggestions on what I can I can do during my week prior to starting Asylum? Any suggestions would help, thanks!

Good luck with Asylum, it is a very intense program! A couple things you can do to prepare yourself:

1. Preview the workouts. Some of them require a fair bit of floor space due to the nature of the agility ladder, so make sure you have enough room at home.

2. Practice with the jump rope. It is not essential to be great at it to start, as the speed rope is only used here and there, but the better you are with it, the more you will get out of a couple of the workouts.

3. Practice with the agility ladder. I forget which disc, but one of the workouts has a bonus feature on it that Shaun T takes you through some practice drills so you can familiarize yourself with using the agility ladder.

4. Take the Asylum Fit Test

5. As for workouts themselves, I would just do some light cardio and yoga/recovery/stretching to allow your body to adapt and recover from any previous activity that you have been engaged in so that you will be ready for Asylum.

Good luck, let me know if you have any further questions

Quote of the day:
"If you're doing your best, you won't have any time to worry about failure."
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment