***NOTICE - My blog has moved. You can continue to find my blog postings over at www.tylerrobbinsfitness.com ***

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 7 - Routine Maintenance

Last week, I had to fork over some cash to have some work done to my car. A few hundred dollars later and the sucker is back up and running, but not without a hit to my wallet - which I HATE!

Cars to me, are such bad investments. They require so much time and maintenance, yet often times, they will break down for no reason at all.

I know what you're thinking, and you are right, there isn't a whole lot different between the cars that we drive and our bodies sometimes. Both require maintenance and care, and both can break down over time, sometimes for no reason at all. The only difference between the two, however, is that cars (for the most part) can be replaced.

Think about it. No matter how much you love your car, it will more than likely not last as long as you do. Also, think of all of the time and effort that goes into making sure it runs smoothly to take your butt to work, shopping, vacation, etc.

The sad part in all of this is that I know of many people that seem to spend more time, energy, and money on maintaining their car/home/job, etc. while neglecting their health. Some people make sure their vehicle gets all of its regular maintenance done. When they hear a questionable rattling sound, or some other 'quirk' that their vehicle may have picked up, they rush their car in to get it 'checked out'. They make sure it always has fuel - some people even make sure they always use premium. The oil has to be changed every few months or 'x' number of miles. When their is a ding, scratch, or dent, they get it buffed out and fixed, because heaven for bid a rust patch starts to spread!

This is as simple as it comes, your body is the only one you have, so you should make your health and fitness your primary full-time job to focus on what you are eating and how you are exercising. Period! These same people that spend all of their time and energy on their vehicles, then hop into their car and speed down to the local burger shack to get a triple bacon cheeseburger. Either that, or they are the ones who complain that, "healthy food is more expensive than fast food".

When it comes down to it, I think certain people need to focus on setting their priorities straight. Sure, I hate the fact that I have to shell out a few hundo to fix my car, however, when I leave the grocery story and see how much I spent on foods to fuel my body, I don't even bat an eye!

Quote of the day:
"Diligence is the mother of good luck."
~American Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment